On Sunday, June 21, 2020, we will offer an outdoor service of Morning Prayer (said) in the courtyard area of the Burroughs Room, weather permitting. The same safety and health restrictions will apply.
On Sunday, June 28, 2020, we will offer a second outdoor service of Morning Prayer (said) in the courtyard area of the Burroughs Room, weather permitting. The same safety and health restrictions will apply.
Numerous restrictions are required in order to welcome parishioners back to public worship, as well as many levels of preparation. These are required by our diocese and include:
- Wearing masks at all times by all participants, including the celebrant/officiant
- No singing
- No coffee hour
- No reception lines
- No passing of the peace
- No passing of offering plates (stationary plates)
- No eucharist (in our case, morning prayer)
- Removal of all prayer books and hymnals
- Physical distancing in seating
- Physical distancing at all times in the church nave (no indoor congregating)
- Signing up ahead of time in order to attend a service
- Arrival and immediate departure after each service
- Entrance and exit by the front door only
- Occupation of the nave of the church (pews) only: no use of the other rooms
- Deep and thorough sanitization of the building before and after each use
- Ushers to instruct and inform physical distancing
- Signage to instruct worshippers on all aspects of the new requirements, etc.
Additionally, the national and state situations remain ambiguous in terms of a possible resurgence of cases in the coming weeks. The leadership of our parish believes the health and safety of our own people, as well as the welfare of the entire community, is a priority, not to mention a Christian duty. While our decision-making is and will continue to be complex, we invite parishioners to visit the diocesan website to read and study the relevant documents at www.dohio.org.
Parking is available at major gatherings. All are welcome.