This summer 2020 we will meet on Sundays at 10 am for outdoor Morning Prayer, weather permitting. Inclement weather will cancel the service. We will gather in the shaded area to the right side of the main building, along the lane adjacent to the nave of the church. You will see tables and seating markers there. We invite you to join us. Bring your own chair or blanket, and a face mask. Maintain physical distancing and please review the diocesan directions below.
Numerous restrictions are required in order to welcome parishioners back to public worship, as well as many levels of preparation. These are required by our diocese and include:
- Wearing masks at all times by all participants, including the celebrant/officiant
- No singing
- No coffee hour
- No reception lines
- No passing of the peace
- No passing of offering plates (stationary plates)
- No eucharist (in our case, morning prayer)
- Removal of all prayer books and hymnals
- Physical distancing in seating
- Physical distancing at all times in the church nave (no indoor congregating)
- Signing up ahead of time in order to attend a service
- Arrival and immediate departure after each service
- Entrance and exit by the front door only
- Occupation of the nave of the church (pews) only: no use of the other rooms
- Deep and thorough sanitization of the building before and after each use
- Ushers to instruct and inform physical distancing
- Signage to instruct worshippers on all aspects of the new requirements, etc.
Additionally, the national and state situations remain ambiguous in terms of a possible resurgence of cases in the coming weeks. The leadership of our parish believes the health and safety of our own people, as well as the welfare of the entire community, is a priority, not to mention a Christian duty. While our decision-making is and will continue to be complex, we invite parishioners to visit the diocesan website to read and study the relevant documents at www.dohio.org.
Parking is available at major gatherings. All are welcome.